Written on:December 27, 2016
6. No Firm Conclusion
So, what to say in response to the proposed cuts?
- They look like they’ve been chosen in a cursory way;
- There’s no evidence of how they were identified, and how they’ve been weighed up against other possible cuts;
- We don’t know what other possibilities were considered
It may be too late to send them back to the drawing board. But if I could, …
- I’d ask for a new way of funding parks and outdoor activities;
- Through limited corporate sponsorship;
- Through public sector funding, e.g. sport, health, congestion charging, etc;
- through community-based initiative, including asset transfers, land trusts, service agreements, and so on.